This has become one of my favorite go to dishes. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!! The recipe can be found after the video.
Check it out!!!
Jerk Stir Fry Tofu
- Drain water from the packaged tofu. To remove excess water, place tofu on a plate and cover it. Put something heavy on top of the covered tofu to squeeze out remaining water. (Give this process 30 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drain off excess water and cut tofu into squared cubes.
- Place cubed tofu on a baking pan and season it to taste. I use Himalayan pink sea salt, onion powder, garlic powder, parsley, and nutritional yeast flakes.
- Place tofu in the oven and set to bake for 15 minutes. This process will help to firm up the tofu as well as allow the seasonings to become saturated into the tofu.
- Place 2 tablespoons of avocado oil (or oil of your choice) in a frying pan and place stir fry vegetables in the pan. Put 1 table spoon of Jamaican jerk seasoning into the frying pan. (If you like a spicy kick you can add more, or if too much spice isn’t your thing add ½ tablespoon). Sauté the vegetables adding your favorite seasonings, which can include salt, onion powder, garlic powder…etc.
- Place the cubed tofu into the frying pan of sautéed vegetables and stir gently, mixing in the tofu.
- Let it simmer for another 5 minutes ensuring that your vegetables are cooked to desired texture.
- Serve and enjoy!